- Causes and consequences of the disease
- Signs of the disease
- Massage treatment
- Withers Exercises
- Traditional treatment
To look beautiful is a natural desire of a person, therefore everyone seeks to make his body and appearance perfect, or at least get as close to this as possible. But on the way to this goal, many face a number of health problems or are the result of diseases that have been or are associated with professional activities. Among these consequences is the formation of a withers on the neck, better known among the people, as a bison, widow or accounting hump. How to get rid of this problem at home - this will be discussed in our material.
As a rule, the withers appear on the site below the neck and above the shoulder blades, which is often found in elderly women. In some representatives of the fair sex, it occupies a larger area, capturing the cervical region and affecting the impressive area of the back. Also, the cause of the formation of such a hump can be a deformation in the cervical spine that occurs during menopause. All this not only affects the appearance and mood of a woman, but also affects her well-being and health.
- 1 Causes and consequences of the disease
- 2 Signs of the disease
- 3 Massage treatment
- 4 Exercises for the treatment of withers
- 5 Traditional methods of treatment
- 6 Recommendations
Causes and consequences of the disease
The above names are not found in official medicine, because in fact it is a complex disease that affects several organs and systems of the body.
- At the initial stage, the disease affects the muscles of the collar zone, as a result of which osteochondrosis occurs in the cervical region.
- Then there is a slowdown in blood circulation in the region of 6-7 cervical vertebrae, lymph metabolism worsens. This leads to proliferation of connective and adipose tissue.
- The most intense process of accumulation of body fat is observed with a sedentary lifestyle.
- The late stages of the disease are accompanied by pain and vascular syndrome.
There is an opinion that the cause of the formation of the withers is nervous stress, a burden of responsibility for others. It is believed that all this leads to the formation of stagnation in the cervical spine. People say that such women strive to solve everything on their own, putting all the problems on their shoulders.
There is a grain of truth in the opinion of the people - energy stagnation does have a place to be, but the reasons are somewhat different. The main one is the gradual destruction of the muscle corset over the years: a sedentary lifestyle, the habit of stooping and spending a lot of time in front of a TV, computer
The health of the spine depends on the muscle corset that supports it, which means it must be active and powerful. And the cervical spine will be healthy only if the ligaments, strong muscles and intervertebral joints are elastic. The development of the withers is the result of a prolonged and improper load on the cervical spine, which is not supported by the muscular corset.
The natural line of the spine is lost, the front bend is straightened and problems arise on an increasing basis, which leads to an increase in the withers, and subsequently in the later stages many more other troubles are added to this.
For the cervical region, this is one of the most serious diseases: the roots of the nerves that depart from the spinal cord are in a compressed state, resulting in a violation of the blood supply to the brain.
It is important to take this problem seriously from the very beginning, otherwise the consequences will cause significant damage to health. And we are talking not only about exhausting headaches, pain in the neck and chest, numbness of the hands, but also about the mass of other consequences of this disease.
As already mentioned, due to the compressed state of the artery, the normal blood supply to the brain and the collar zone is disturbed. At some point, just turning his head, a person feels tingling or throbbing in the neck, movements can also be accompanied by a characteristic crunch.
Signs of the disease
If one of these symptoms appears, you must immediately begin to solve the problem in order to avoid negative consequences.
- Pain in the neck, nape, shoulder girdle, arms. The pain can be aching, often occurs in one of the parts of the neck: lateral or back. In this case, turning the head can cause difficulties.
- Constant dizziness, tinnitus, a feeling of loss of balance when walking.
- In the hands there is weakness, hands, face, neck muscles lose their sensitivity.
The sooner a problem is discovered, the faster and more efficiently it is resolved. Diseases at an early stage are always easier to treat. There are many ways to treat folk remedies, traditional medicine also offers a solution to the problem, but warns that it is much more difficult to deal with an already formed seal.
Thanks to the massage, it is possible to soften the seal, get rid of headaches, numbness of the hands. It is recommended to carry out two massage sessions per year.
For an independent massage procedure, you can use a home massager: manual or mounted. The latter can be fixed on the back of the chair, you get a kind of passive massage, which can be done even when watching TV or working at a computer. Before the procedure, a relaxing bath with the addition of a decoction of chamomile and soda is recommended.
The most effective exercises to solve this problem are exercises aimed at strengthening the muscle corset. The regularity of training and a serious approach are important here. By following these simple rules, you can get rid of the withers, get the correct even posture and pump up the right muscles.
But it should be remembered that you can not perform such exercises when the disease is in an acute stage. You can deal only with the complete absence of pain in the cervical spine. It is also important to perform all the elements without sudden movements, jerks, otherwise it can lead to even more compression of the vertebral artery. After the body has been in the same position for a long time, you should gradually move on to exercises, starting with a preliminary light warm-up and smooth leisurely movements.
You can watch the complex in the video and regularly perform them:
Among a large number of different training programs, it is necessary to single out one exercise that can be used as a preventive and therapeutic option.
- In a standing position, press your body against the wall so that the heels, back, buttocks and nape touch it. In this case, one hand should be on the lower back so that the bend of the spine is felt.
- In this position, keep the body for one to two minutes. Subsequently, time must be gradually increased. This exercise should be performed several times a day to prevent the occurrence of compaction.
Traditional medicine offers several ways to treat this type of disease, mainly ointments, compresses. Such funds are aimed at eliminating the problem of salt deposition in the cervical spine.
- Mix propolis tincture (20 drops) with castor oil (1/3 cup) and shake well. Application: rubbing into the problem area with light massage movements.
- Mix milk with honey (3 parts of each component), add pre-chopped bay leaf and grated onions (one part each). Used for compresses. Application: the mixture is ironed onto a piece of fabric and applied to the sealing area for half an hour. The product is intended for daily use.
- Heparin ointment is mixed with troxevasin. Application: rubbing into a problem area.
- Mix honey with alcohol in equal proportions (¼ cup each). Application: rub with massage movements, then wrap with a warm scarf. The procedure is carried out every day.
- Fresh leaves of a golden mustache are slightly kneading hands. Application: applied to the withers.
- Clay is molded into a plate and wrapped in cloth (cotton). Application: applied for an hour.
- Mix the raw egg with olive oil (three tablespoons), tablespoon 6% vinegar and turpentine (the last two ingredients 1/3 cup each). Application: applied for half an hour to the problem area, then washed off with warm water.
A few tips to help solve the problem of compaction:
- Pouring cool water. In this case, the stream of water should be directed directly back at the withers. The procedure is performed every day twice.
- Organization of a berth. If the mattress is too soft, it must be replaced by a harder one. Do not use a pillow that is too high.
- Organization of the workplace. The table and chair should stand so that when working the body is in the correct position: the back is straight, the feet are completely in contact with the floor, the legs are bent at the knees at a right angle. Every half hour of work must be alternated with light gymnastics.