Achieving tangible results in bodybuilding is associated with limited nutrition. Especially, this applies to those foods that have a lot of calories and which can affect the growth of adipose tissue. Many athletes suffer greatly from this, but you can always find an alternative. Nuts belong to those products that in bodybuilding can replace a lot of products that are useless for an athlete. Of course, nuts themselves are not quite conducive to constant use, but if you add honey, jam or jam to them, you can get a fairly tasty dish. This article will help athletes prepare the appropriate desserts, talk about the types of nuts and how healthy they are.
Nuts contain a lot of useful substances, therefore, they must be present in every athlete, especially bodybuilders. So, what are healthy nuts:
- They have enough healthy fats, such as Omega-3, Omega-6 and Omega-9.
- Their use suppresses the feeling of hunger.
- They have a sufficient content of protein, as well as protein, which is very important for vegetarian athletes.
- They can be used in combination with other foods.
- To cook a dish of nuts, you do not need to spend a lot of time.
Types of nuts in bodybuilding
There are several types of nuts in nature, but some of the useful for athletes are:
- Peanuts are a favorite type of nut for most athletes, and even more so for bodybuilders. This type of nut activates the process of producing nitric oxide, which contributes to the expansion of blood vessels, which means that beneficial substances are transported much faster to muscle tissue. In addition, peanuts do not contribute to weight gain. Peanuts are considered a useful product that provides the best functioning of the central nervous system, improves memory and relieves depression. 100 grams of peanuts contain 26 grams of protein, 45 grams of fat, 10 grams of carbohydrates, and a total of 552 calories.
- Almonds are considered the most nutritious protein. In addition to it, almonds contain a sufficient amount of healthy fats. Its use leads to a feeling of fullness, and also stimulates the production of dopamine, a hormone that is associated with the development of the central nervous system. 100 grams of almond contains 18 grams of protein, 53 grams of fat, 13 grams of carbohydrates. The energy value of the product is 609 calories.
- Walnut. This nut has a great effect on the functioning of the brain and its activity. It contains many beneficial fatty acids, including omega-3s. In addition, walnuts are a source of melatonin, a substance that helps to normalize sleep. 100 grams of walnuts contain 16 grams of protein, 60 grams of fat, 11 grams of carbohydrates. The energy value of the product is 656 calories.
As mentioned earlier, peanuts are the most popular product that most experienced athletes consume. Basically, they buy it because of the composition, which is considered the most optimal. He has the least calories, but the most protein. Peanut butter is considered equally useful. It is used during periods of muscle mass generation by many professional bodybuilders.
When purchasing peanut butter, be sure to familiarize yourself with its composition. If the oil is bought at the supermarket, then it is likely to have a lot of sugar and other additives, which in no way contributes to a beautiful figure. Useful oil for an athlete is sold only in some stores that sell vegetarian food.
Good to know! Peanut butter is not difficult to make on your own. To do this, peanuts are roasted and ground with the addition of a small amount of vegetable oil, otherwise the product may turn out to be dry.
When consumed, a small amount of sugar or other sweets can be added to peanuts. In this case, it all depends on the nature of the diet, mode and goals. Not in the last place are the taste preferences of the athlete.
Is it possible to eat nuts during drying
In the drying process, nuts are especially useful because they contain many healthy fats Omega-3 and Omega-6, which are involved in the process of burning fat. Unfortunately, nuts contain up to 600 calories (per 100 grams), which is 1/3 of the daily dose during the diet.
In this regard, it should be said that in a day, during drying, you can eat no more than 50 grams of nuts. It is advisable to eat nuts without salt, as it retains moisture and does not allow you to work out muscles.
Based on this factor, we can conclude: it is better to use nuts during periods of increased muscle mass, but not in the drying process.