- Why do you need cardio training?
- Cardio Fat Burner
- Frequency and time of cardio training
- What should be the pulse
- Training Rules
- Aerobic exercise examples
Most people have heard about cardio training at least once. This type of training is actively used by athletes to improve their results. This article will examine in detail what cardio training is, how it is performed correctly and what rules it has.
In fact, cardio training is the same as aerobic training. Her exercises involve performing muscle movements due to the release of energy that is produced during the oxidation of glucose molecules by oxygen. This factor distinguishes strength training from cardio, where the body produces energy by the oxygen-free method. During cardio training, not only the muscles of the body swing, but also the muscles of the heart. This in turn increases the endurance of the entire vascular system.
Most often aerobic training includes long-distance running, cycling, team games and swimming. The main distinguishing criterion for such training is their duration, which ranges from thirty to sixty minutes. Moreover, the entire training process takes place in a very dynamic rhythm.
- 1 Why do cardio workouts> 2 Cardio to burn fat
- 3 Frequency and time of cardio training
- 4 What should be the pulse
- 4.1 Heartbeat areas in sports
- 4.2 Fat burning heart rate zone
- 4.3 Optimal heart rate for burning fat
- 5 Rules for training
- 6 Examples of aerobic exercise
Why do you need cardio training?
The main objective of such training is to:
- the body has become stronger and more resilient;
- strengthened immunity;
- a person has become more resistant to stress;
- the body acquired a sports form and lost weight;
- the heart system began to work better.
Today there are several varieties of cardio training. There are separate power complexes of exercises, as well as special programs for women who want to lose weight. In addition, such a load is very useful for beginners in sports, since it makes it possible to prepare the heart for the upcoming loads.
Cardio Fat Burner
The use of cardio workouts to lose weight is a very popular trend in fitness today, especially for middle-aged women. For this purpose treadmills are used in gyms. Relatively independent training without a professional trainer (at home), as practice shows, such exercises not only do not bring the expected result, but also can harm a person by acquiring injuries.
With the right approach to the implementation of classes under the guidance of an experienced trainer, these aerobic exercises effectively help in the fight against excess body fat. This effectiveness of the method is explained by the fact that with a large and intense load, lipids quickly oxidize and turn into energy, because of which a person can tolerate quite large loads for a long time. Even experienced athletes-power and bodybuilders recommend novice athletes to conduct aerobic training.
You should also know that, with proper performance, cardio training is an excellent preventive measure to prevent the occurrence of vascular and heart diseases, which people usually suffer from middle age. Those athletes who regularly train by this method are more resilient. This, in turn, adds to them longevity and improves health.
Frequency and time of cardio training
In this type of physical activity, the load falls on most of the muscles and internal organs. During such a training, the heart rate is greatly accelerated. During the training, the athlete in large quantities inhales oxygen, which takes part in the burning of carbohydrates and fats, which leads to rapid weight loss.
Regular training can normalize blood pressure, speed up the digestion process and improve overall health. They also favorably affect a person’s moral state and raise his mood. However, in order for aerobic exercise to be truly useful and effective, it should be done correctly. The most important conditions for aerobic exercise are considered to be the duration and frequency of the exercises.
The total duration of the entire workout should be thirty minutes. After the body gets used to new loads, the training time can be increased to one hour. However, not all people have the opportunity to devote an entire hour to classes daily. In this case, trainers are advised to combine these exercises with ordinary daily activities. For example, instead of traveling to work or to the supermarket by car, you can get there by bicycle or instead of traveling by elevator, go up the stairs to the apartment.
Frequency of training means the total number of classes per week. Four to five workouts every seven days are most effective. For those who are just starting to play sports, three lessons per week will suffice. At the same time, breaks between trainings at first should be no more than two days.
The most favorable time of day for these classes is considered to be evening, namely the period from five to seven in the evening. This is justified by the fact that the processes of metabolism and fat burning at this time work best. In the event that you do not have a goal for losing weight, and you need cardio training to increase overall stamina, then they can be done in the morning. However, it should be remembered that in the morning the metabolism is lower, so do not overdo it with the loads.
What should be the pulse
The heart rate during these workouts is the very first indicator of human activity. As a rule, novice athletes do not take into account the state of the body and exceed the permissible loads, expecting to immediately achieve good results. In fact, this is a very incorrect and unreasonable approach that can pose a real threat to health conditions.
Both experienced athletes and just beginners during cardio training need constant monitoring of the heartbeat frequency, that is, its rhythm. In other words, even when performing the exercises, the training person should from time to time look at the indicators of his heart rate and, based on them, pick up the loads for himself.
Also, before starting training, it is important to know your heart rate limits: the lower and upper limits. A computer examination can help with this - it will most accurately show this norm, determine the general condition of the heart and blood vessels. In addition, such a procedure will accurately show which loads are extreme for a given organism. As for the workouts themselves, you should always take a heart rate monitor with them so that you can independently determine your heart rate.
Sports Heartbeat Zones
The boundaries of the safe zones of the heartbeat are calculated depending on age. Remembering all the numbers is optional, the main thing is to remember your personal maximum and train within 60-80% of it.
- Pulse at rest - 35-40% of MCHP (60-80 beats for 30 years)
- Warm-up area - 50-60% of MCHP (95-115 strokes)
- Activity zone - 60-70% (115-135 strokes)
- Aerobic zone - 70-80% (135-150 strokes)
- Endurance zone - 80-90% (150-170 strokes)
- Danger zone - 90-95% (170-180 strokes)
Fat Burning Area
When running in the “ fat burning zone ” (60-70% of MCH or 115-130 strokes for an age of 30 years), the body covers the largest percentage of energy expenditures due to body fat. For 30 minutes of this training, 146 calories are burned, 73 calories (50%) of which are fat.
When training at a higher or lower pulse, the body works differently, covering no more than 35-40% of the energy expenditure due to fat. However, it is important to note that the duration of the training at a low heart rate may be higher - as well as the total number of calories burned.
The best heart rate for burning fat
In an effort to burn fat with running, it is important to remember that the duration of the training is more important than its intensity - it is easier to withstand 30 minutes of running at a slow pace than 15 minutes of maximum acceleration. Calories in the first case will burn more.
Being in the zone of 60-70% of MCH (115-135 beats per minute for the age of 30 years), you can easily train at least 40-50 - the optimal time for the body to spend its glycogen reserves and use fat as the main source of energy .
There are rules for performing card workouts:
- you need to select only those exercises and simulators, classes which will bring you pleasure, as the mood plays one of the most important roles in achieving a good result;
- during training, the pulse should not be higher than seventy percent of the limit indicators;
- it is important to change exercises and simulators so that different muscle groups work;
- it is better to train to music, because it gives the right rhythm and eliminates fatigue;
- clothing for classes should be comfortable and free;
- It is recommended to engage in the fresh air;
- It is important to frequently change the pace of the workout so that there is a greater effect for losing weight.
Many people are concerned about the question of whether to refuse cardio training when a person wants to gain weight "> often drink water so as not to upset the general water balance in the body. The best time to eat after a workout is an hour after its completion.
Aerobic exercise examples
Consider the most popular aerobic exercises:
- Push ups. They are made in this way:
- lie down on the mat and do the usual push-ups, only in this case, in the lower zone, push off the floor much more;
- with vigorous lifting of the body, it should bounce a little up.
- Bouncing. You need to do this exercise as follows:
- arms crossed at the back of the head, doing squats;
- in the lower position, make the maximum high jump.
- Jumping from an emphasis lying. It is done like this:
- from a standing position you need to sit down;
- put your hands on the floor and gradually transfer weight to them;
- take a leap forward, taking your legs back;
- while you can not take your hands off the floor;
- after the jump you need to take the emphasis lying down, and make the jump in the opposite direction.
The first exercises need to be done no more than ten minutes, gradually increasing the time for their implementation. It is important to control your heart rate.
If you want constant training, you should consult a doctor for possible contraindications.