The bench press in Smith on an incline bench is convenient for bodybuilding purposes. The fixed bar does not give the same trajectory as the free weight, but it is convenient to reap with it, for example, drop sets or work in failure without the help of the insurer. At the right time, you can simply turn the bar on yourself and throw in safety hooks so that the weight does not fall on the chest. The option with a bench press on an inclined bench is also convenient for those who for some reason do not have the usual inclined bench for a bench press with clamps for the bar.
- 1 Technique
- 1.1 Starting position
- 1.2 Movement
- 1.3 Caution
- 2 Recommendations
- 3 Options
- You need to set the inclined bench at a convenient angle, either 30 or 45 degrees, as the plan provides;
- Then place it under Smith's neck so that it is convenient to reap, projecting the neck into the middle of the chest;
- After this, you need to get up and hang the first weight;
- In Smith, the vulture weighs a minimum, and there is usually no need to warm up with an empty one.
- The athlete lays down on a bench, brings the shoulder blades in such a way that the position of the shoulders is stable, and turns the bar so as to remove it from the safety stops
- The bar should be lowered to the middle of the chest, until touching, if it is comfortable, or slightly higher if there are discomfort in the shoulders;
- On the exhale, with a powerful movement, the bar is squeezed up;
- The required number of repetitions is performed, then the bar is lowered onto the safety hooks. To do this, crank the bar again. The peculiarity is that the last repeat must first be completed, and then lower the bar to safety.
- The angle of the bench should not be too sharp, otherwise the front delta is included in the work. Everything above 60 degrees is not intended for work on the chest; shoulders are included here;
- Bouncing the bar from the chest during exercise is not allowed. It can cause serious injuries, so it’s better to work smoothly;
- Training in Smith cannot be the only option for a chest load for a person who seeks to increase strength, but is justified for bodybuilding
- This bench press is included in training programs to work out the muscles of the chest, and not to establish power records in the bench. Think of the exercise as a means of pumping muscle, rather than satisfying your ego. Use average weight weights and do not miss warm-up approaches;
- Forearm during bench press should be perpendicular to the floor. This will set all other angles to be adequate;
- The bench is set under the bar so that the athlete does not overload the ligaments, that is, the bench was in the middle of the chest, and not on the neck.
- Depending on the angle of inclination of the back - the higher the back, the more the shoulders turn on;
- Depending on the width of the arms - on the press with a wide grip and normal, when the elbows are directed closer to the body
Contraindications to the exercise repeat the contraindications to the usual bench press on an inclined bench - these are injuries to the chest, elbows, wrists. Exercise should be given no more than 1 time per week, so as not to tire the muscles with a uniform work.