Many of those who improve their body, probably know that building muscles and burning body fat depends on the quality of sleep. Its deficiency leads to a violation of metabolic processes in the body and is the cause of excess weight. This fact confirms the scientific experiment described below.
The essence of the study was that for three weeks 19 men in the prime of life were deprived of the opportunity to fully sleep for 30 minutes. At the end of the experiment, the subjects began to experience a strong weakening of sensitivity to insulin, which is a precursor to a disease such as diabetes and causes other inflammatory processes in the body.
In addition, the participants of the experiment significantly decreased the level of the hormone leptin, whose main function is manifested in dulling hunger and accelerating calorie burning. Low leptin levels combined with decreased insulin sensitivity cause an increase in subcutaneous fat due to short-term metabolism. All this leads to chronic fatigue, stress and negatively affects the composition of the body.
To improve the quality of sleep, experts advise sticking to simple and complex methods.
Simple methods include the following rules:
- Fall asleep in absolute darkness and silence. To do this, it is necessary to curtain the windows and get rid of any flickering lights. In addition, you need to turn off the TV, computer and other household appliances that are the source of sound.
- Turn off your mobile phone. Many people are used to using it as an alarm clock. It is not right. The mobile device should be turned off at night. Firstly, to avoid unnecessary calls, both from friends and relatives (any business can wait until the morning), and from strangers who just made a mistake with the number. Secondly, modern mobile phones generate radiation that violates the quality of sleep.
- Take a warm bath or read before going to bed. These actions help to relax both physically and psychologically.
- Leave all problems and affairs until morning. If obsessive thoughts prevail, psychologists recommend writing them down on paper, completing each thought in a positive light. After that, you need to read the written and with a calm soul go to bed.
- In the first minutes of awakening, you need to provide yourself with bright light to improve the response of cortisol, the level of which rises sharply at this time of day and is very useful for increasing energy. As numerous studies show, the higher its level in the morning, the easier it will be to fall asleep at night.
In addition to simple solutions, there are also complex ones. They suggest taking nutritional supplements and using some practical methods to improve sleep.
- In order to relax and easily go to sleep, psychologists recommend mastering the technique of deep breathing, relaxation and meditation.
- To improve sleep and free oneself from obsessive thoughts, a dietary supplement such as inositol helps. It should be taken from 2 to 10 grams per glass of water 45 minutes before bedtime.
- Low levels of substances such as taurine, magnesium, thiamine, or melatonin impair sleep quality. Therefore, for a wonderful night's rest, you need to take these components.