Vacuum is an excellent exercise, appeared in bodybuilding from yoga. It focuses on the transverse abdominal muscle, which holds the internal organs.
Vacuum is the only exercise that helps make the waist smaller . If the waist always only grows during the training of the press, since during the training hypertrophy of muscle fibers occurs, then this exercise really helps to visually reduce the waist. You can also find information that it removes visceral fat, but it is not, fat, whether subcutaneous or visceral, it does not matter, any body accumulates any fat when there is a lack of calories, and it does not matter if you pump or not.
The vacuum exercise was especially popular in the 60-70s, it was practiced by Arnold Schwarzenegger, which provided him with a luxurious waist, with large muscle volumes. Today's athletes, in pursuit of huge muscle mass, do not practice such exercises, the result is large bellies even during competitions. Moreover, the stomach "sticks out" not because the athlete has a lot of subcutaneous fat, but because the transverse muscle simply does not hold such a voluminous stomach.
- 1 Exercise Vacuum - Diagram
- 2 Exercise Vacuum - Notes
- 3 Anatomy
- 4 Exercise Vacuum - Video
Exercise Vacuum Scheme
1) Lie on the floor, bend your knees, rest your heels on the floor, and lower your hands along the body, head pressed to the floor.
2) Pull the stomach as you exhale, straining the transverse muscle, and then relax it and exhale, doing 10 short repetitions in this way to feel the muscle.
3) Exhale the air, relaxing, but not pulling the belly into yourself on purpose, linger in this position for 25-30 seconds.
4) Take a short and shallow breath, and then draw in your stomach, after 15 seconds repeat the procedure, and after another 15 repeat again to completely deepen the load.
5) Slowly relax the transverse muscle and push the stomach outward as much as possible, then repeat the exercise another 7-8 times.
Exercise Vacuum - Notes
1) The exercise does not have to be performed lying down, there are also options for sitting and leaning, but lying down the athlete gets the opportunity to focus only on the transverse muscle.
2) Never bring yourself to a state of lack of air, as this will force you to concentrate on the work of the respiratory system instead of concentrating on the work of the muscle.
3) The transverse muscle rarely receives signals from the brain to perform any action, so the neuromuscular connection is poorly developed, so try to concentrate on the work of the target muscle group.
4) Do not tear your head off the floor while performing the vacuum exercise while lying down, and do not talk while doing the exercise.
The transverse muscle is located behind the abdominal muscles, so it is not visible visually, but it performs a very important function. In addition to the fact that a strong transverse muscle will help you improve the aesthetic component, it will also allow you to remove the load from the spine during basic exercises, especially squats with a barbell, since in this exercise it acts as a stabilizer in the abdominal muscles. Thus, the vacuum exercise allows you to develop as many as two functional qualities: the respiratory system and strength endurance.
Exercise vacuum does not need to be performed during drying, just the opposite, it is best to perform it during a set of muscle mass. The bottom line is that the athlete has to eat a lot when he is working on hypertrophy of muscle fibers, as a result of which the stomach grows, especially if the athlete eats improperly, eating large portions and irregularly, but the exercise allows you to neutralize the negative effects of an increased diet.
Exercise Vacuum - Video