- General stepper information
- Stepper Classification
- Efficiency and Benefit
- Rules for Effective Training
- Choosing a stepper for home workouts
Most gyms have a stepper, but not everyone knows how this simulator works and what muscles are worked out during classes on it. This article will discuss the varieties of steppers, programs and training rules, and other useful information.
In modern times, people walk very little, preferring to travel by car. You should also consider sedentary work and passive rest, which is now more popular than active. As a result, one can only dream of a fit figure and slender legs. For the same reasons, the number of people suffering from obesity and other diseases associated with overweight continues to grow inexorably.
However, not only the figure reflects the minimum load on the motor apparatus, well-being also leaves much to be desired. Today you will not surprise anyone with a bunch of diseases at a relatively young age - arthrosis of the knees, femurs, osteochondrosis and so on. Of course, many are faced with the problem of free time that could be spent in the fitness room or in the beauty salon. But there is a great solution - classes on a home simulator. Actual and effective!
- 1 General stepper information
- 2 Classification of steppers
- 3 Efficiency and benefits
- 4 Rules for effective training
- 5 Contraindications
- 6 Choosing a stepper for home workouts
General stepper information
This simulator belongs to the group of cardio and provides the amount of natural movements necessary for a person. The exercises on this device can be compared to walking up the steps. In the process of training on the stepper, the muscles of the buttocks, thighs and legs are worked out and strengthened.
In most cases, the simulator is used to reduce weight and figure correction . But many do not suspect how useful such training is. So, classes on this sports device allow you to:
- strengthen blood vessels, heart;
- work out the muscles of the press, back, hips, legs, buttocks;
- develop the respiratory system.
Also the advantages of this equipment include: ease of operation, compactness, relatively inexpensive cost. As a rule, mini-steppers are purchased for the house, which do not take up much space, but at the same time functional and effective. In modern times, such a device can be ordered in online stores or bought in ordinary sports markets.
Depending on the size, this sports equipment is divided into two types: conventional and mini-steppers. In the first case, this is a simulator with handrails or levers (the former help to maintain balance, the latter provide additional stress on the arms and back).
The mini version is a simple design with pedals. There are models with various devices. So, the platform with expanders provides additional load on the back and arms during the training. This is the most effective stepper for home workouts.
Depending on the type of movement, the equipment is divided into types:
- Classic From the anatomical and physiological point of view, this option is an extremely accurate imitation of climbing stairs.
- Balancing . Helps strengthen the muscles of the press, develop coordination. In the process of movement, the center of gravity of the body is constantly shifted by the platform in one direction or another. At the initial stage, such training may seem unbearable, but soon, when the appropriate skill is acquired, walking can be supplemented by movements of the limbs. By the way, the movements on this device resemble a rock and roll dance.
- Swivel . At the same time, the load also goes to the muscles of the back due to the execution of turns by the body. Such trainings are highly intensive: in just a few minutes, the load falls on all muscle groups, especially on the “breeches zone”.
Depending on the nature of the performance, the steppers are:
- Professional . They can be operated almost 24 hours a day, wear-resistant. They are used in gyms.
- Standalone . Function on generators or batteries.
- Folding . Compact, but inferior in strength to other types. Not used for intense training.
According to the principle of operation of the device are classified into:
- Mechanical type . Silent It works due to hydraulics. When you press the pedal, the cylinder is compressed, and unclenched when the weight is shifted to another pedal. No external power required.
- Electromagnetic type . Function due to the magnetic resistance of the pedals. The control unit allows you to adjust the load. Currently, the equipment market has a wide selection of modern models with built-in training programs, a wide range of functions. In some cases, it is possible to develop an individual training program. Sensors mounted on the body allow you to analyze the following data: speed, number of steps, calorie consumption, heart rate. This type is mainly used in fitness rooms and gyms.
Efficiency and Benefit
Regular exercises on the stepper allow not only to make the body slim and beautiful, but also provide a full load of the musculoskeletal system. In addition, it is effectively used in rehabilitation programs for recovering from herbs and treating degenerative diseases of the hands, feet, and spine.
Also, such training allows you to:
- stabilize weight (by burning stored fat);
- strengthen the muscles of the lower extremities, buttocks;
- to work out the muscles of the press, back;
- adjust the figure;
- strengthen immunity;
- develop the respiratory system;
- strengthen heart muscles, blood vessels;
- stimulate metabolic processes;
- develop coordination.
Rules for Effective Training
The success of training directly depends on the regularity of their training: it is recommended three times a week . At the same time, it is important to prevent overloads, so at the initial stage, training should not be high-intensity. Otherwise, muscle strain cannot be avoided.
In addition, it is necessary to determine heart rate indicators in order to calculate your norm of loads. Subsequently, the heart rate should always be monitored. The permissible threshold can be determined empirically: subtract the age from 200 strokes. If the permissible values are exceeded, it is necessary to take a break for rest and restore breathing. The criterion for the intensity of training is the frequency of inspirations and exhalations. If you have difficulty breathing, which indicates congestion, it is advisable to increase the load sequentially. It is also recommended that you consult a doctor before starting a workout on the stepper.
A prerequisite is methodology, without which it is impossible to achieve the maximum benefit from the training. Movements must be performed in an average rhythm without tears and overvoltage.
Options for exercises (steps) for beginners and experienced athletes:
- Standard. The body is held straight, then the step is similar to movement when climbing stairs. The pace is regulated by changing the pressure force of the foot exerted on the pedal.
- "Half-stops." The back is straight, steps should be small and quick (emphasis on the toe).
- Heavy. The body is slightly inclined forward, focusing on the entire foot. The pedal is pressed slowly, there is an effort.
The duration of the first classes should not exceed ten minutes, followed by a gradual increase to half an hour, regularity - three times a week.
- 5-10-minute warm-up (mandatory);
- comfortable shoes (grip with the platform must be reliable);
- high-quality clothing made from natural material;
- at the initial stage, it is better to use the support and monitor the balance;
- beginners are advised to put the entire foot in order to avoid over-exertion of the ankle joint;
- determination of an acceptable range of motion: do not bend or unbend your legs very much;
- mode is used to reduce weight: step frequency is high, resistance is low.
In addition, before starting classes, it is necessary to check the functionality of the device: all components must be in place and securely fixed. You can train to music: it is better to choose melodies that match the rhythm of movements.
Not everyone, without exception, can do the stepper. Even if it is a young man or a girl with a completely healthy body, it is recommended that you first consult with a specialist (doctor). Reinsurance is necessary to avoid damage to the spine (with hidden pathologies) or the development of diseases of the internal organs.
Also, you cannot train using this device with:
- injuries to the legs, arms, spine (including dislocations, sprains, and other injuries);
- serious heart diseases, diseases of the liver, kidneys;
- decompensated diabetes mellitus;
- second to third trimester of pregnancy;
- hypertension of the third degree.
It is not recommended to train for colds, infectious diseases or inflammatory processes that are accompanied by high fever. Elderly people must necessarily get permission from a doctor to conduct such classes.
Choosing a stepper for home workouts
Of course, the best option is to consult with a trainer or other specialist, as consultants in the store may recommend a model that is not quite suitable, and expensive. In many ways, the choice depends on the financial capabilities and the size of the area that can be allocated for this simulator.
Not very expensive and simple model is suitable for those who set a goal to lose weight and get rid of excess fat in the buttocks and thighs. If you plan to analyze the progress of classes and there are no restrictions in terms of finances, you can buy an expensive stepper, which provides the ability to customize and there are functions for monitoring indicators. Such a device allows you to visually see the number of calories burned, steps, monitor the heart rate.
If you are satisfied with the minimum, then it is recommended to purchase a rotary or conventional hydraulic apparatus. When there is no way to allocate a large area for the simulator, the way out is to buy a mini-stepper or the “rock and roll” option. These are functional and convenient models at an affordable price.