The main goal of every athlete engaged in fitness or bodybuilding is beautiful muscles and a sculpted body. Muscle gain is an important element in achieving your goal. Indeed, over time, this will help accelerate metabolic processes in the body, which will have a beneficial effect on the burning of fat cells and weight loss. In addition to improving health, muscle building significantly improves the appearance of a person and, as a result, raises his self-esteem.
The key moment of increasing muscle mass is any physical activity and strength training. However, without proper nutrition, you will not succeed. And to achieve visible results, you will have to combine physical activity (4 workouts during the week) with a well-chosen diet.
The essence of a diet for muscles is to consume the maximum amount of protein, which will serve as the building block of a relief body. So when compiling a diet, it is important to consider this very moment, including foods rich in proteins and amino acids. In this case, one should act at the rate of 2 g of protein (not food) per 1 kg of body weight. This amount should be consumed daily. At the same time, pay attention to the fact that the sources of protein should be food not only of animals, but also of plant origin in a certain combination. Only then the effectiveness of your diet will be maximum.
Muscle Diet Tips
Taking into account the main rule of the protein diet for the growth of muscle mass, it is also necessary to take into account several more important points regarding the diet and the characteristics of its distribution. These tips include:
- Start the day with a large serving of protein. The athlete's breakfast should include foods with a maximum protein content (20-30 g per meal). In this case, the greatest benefit will be eggs and protein shakes taken within an hour after lifting.
- Each subsequent meal should also include protein-rich foods (20 g per serving). So the menu for lunch and dinner should include dishes of meat, poultry, fish and seafood.
- Do not forget about protein and during additional meals (snacks). It should not be exclusively protein products, but a small amount of this element should still be present in them. For example, use a glass of kefir, low-fat yogurt, a handful of walnuts or a boiled egg for snacks.
- Plan the main meal with the lion's dose of protein after strength training.
- Do not neglect protein supplements if you are a vegetarian or do not eat animal foods for other reasons.
- And, of course, do not forget about the combination of protein products of various origins. That is, as mentioned above, your diet should not only consist of capes and fish, but also include dairy products, eggs and plant foods.
Estimated Protein Diet Menu
There are a lot of options for a protein diet menu. The main thing is to follow the tips described above, and your nutrition will become your main assistant in acquiring a beautiful and pumped up body.
And to simplify your task, we offer you an approximate menu of a protein diet.
- For breakfast, cook oatmeal (1 cup), also eat a slice of whole grain bread, two whole eggs and two protein. End your breakfast with half a grapefruit.
- For lunch, cook unpolished rice and turkey meat. Add spinach, a few slices of mozzarella and a tablespoon of honey to the menu.
- For dinner, you can bake vegetables and a serving of grilled fish.
In conclusion, we note that such a diet will not only help build muscle, but also lose weight, strengthening your health. However, if the main goal is steel muscles, then do not forget about the additional intake of special additives and the correct distribution of loads.