- We touch on the fundamental truths, without which it is impossible to build muscle:
- Three day training
- What has been done
Numerous visits to bodybuilding-related sites convince me that one of the most relevant topics and the subject of active discussion on them is the issues of rapid mass gain and muscle growth, which excite not only beginners, but also venerable athletes. Although this is not surprising, it’s worth looking at ourselves from the outside at a time when our main tasks were exclusively building huge muscles, gaining maximum weight, giving biceps volume, chest expressiveness or back width.
Reading the articles on mass gaining found on the Internet, I came to the conclusion that there is a catastrophic amount of really high-quality information on this topic in the network, you could even say that it does not exist at all, well, maybe, with the exception of only some very common truths, and then, unfortunately, not all. Having stumbled on the network more than once on similar questions about the same beginners in bodybuilding, I decided to write a series of articles in which I planned to include detailed materials on the training program, nutrition, and sports supplements. Today we’ll talk about a training program aimed at an effective set of muscle mass.
- 1 We touch on the fundamental truths, without which it is impossible to build muscle:
- 2 three-day training
- 2.1 Monday: work on the abs, chest and triceps
- 2.2 Wednesday: working out the back and biceps
- 2.3 Friday: study of the shoulders and legs
- 3 What has been done
We touch on the fundamental truths, without which it is impossible to build muscle:
- It is imperative to perform a warm-up before the main workout, which includes heavy loads on weight gain. The athlete must warm up well in order to warm up his joints and ligaments, and for this I would recommend the athlete to use a treadmill, running along which at an average pace for ten minutes will prepare the body for further heavy exercises. Then you need a stretch aimed specifically at those areas of the body that you have the most "problematic", for example, elbows or shoulders - it is them that need to be carefully and carefully kneaded first.
- Before each main working set, one or two warm-up approaches should be done using light weight, which should be about 40-50 percent of the weight of the worker. Warm-up approaches allow the athlete to also experience this exercise.
- Do not engage in the gym for too long - intensive work for an hour is quite enough. And remember the simple truth: in training, the main thing is not its duration, but only the intensity.
- The end of the workout should be a small hitch stretching the muscles and joints . A good option is swimming in the pool.
- During the training for the mass, you should not be distracted by extraneous matters . The observed pictures of what often happens in the gym are depressing: someone is talking enthusiastically on the phone, someone has taken up a new toy in his iPhone , someone talking to a neighbor and the like. That is, training people do not understand why they came here and lose the time allotted specifically for training in the gym, and then they receive as a natural result of this absence in bodybuilding of any, even small progress. Make it a rule: since you came to the gym to train and your goal is to gain mass, then train without being distracted by extraneous matters and generally absolutely no matter what.
- A key condition for achieving success is to work in a working approach right up to the very last repetition, doing it too. It is the last one or two repetitions, already done through overcoming the pain in the muscles, that become the most effective in the training process, and it is thanks to them that the effective increase in muscle mass occurs.
- It is necessary to adhere to good nutrition, on which success in bodybuilding is half dependent. I can subscribe to my every word and responsibly declare that without high quality nutrition mass gain is impossible and it will never be possible to build decent muscles. My next article will be devoted to this - it will be convenient for you to follow the news using the newsletters of this blog.
- Equally important is sufficient rest before the next workout . Do not be surprised or afraid now - the goal of bodybuilding training is to injure muscle fibers, however, in the safe sense of the word - during heavy loads, our muscle tissue receives microtraumas, which the body then seeks to heal and due to this, tissue growth occurs. So, for this restoration of muscle fiber, the body needs several days, and therefore daily training is absolutely contraindicated for the average bodybuilder.
In this list, I have listed the rules that should be followed during training aimed at gaining mass. And now you can go directly to the training program itself.
You will have to do it three times a week: on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, or Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday - it’s convenient for anyone, and here the main condition is the mandatory break between workouts at least one day.
As a rule, athletes allocate chest, legs, shoulders, triceps and biceps into separate muscle groups and, accordingly, each of our workouts will focus on pumping a specific muscle group.
Three day training
Monday: work on the abs, chest and triceps
The exercises of this training are aimed at pumping the pectoral muscles and triceps. First, five approaches are carried out whose purpose is to press. For this, any exercises are taken to work out the muscles of the abdominal press. In any case, pumping of the pectoral muscles is also associated with the development of triceps (triceps muscle). Triceps is fully worked out by bench press and bench press on an inclined bench.
- We perform a bench press on a bench lying in a horizontal position. After two warm-ups, four working approaches of 8-12 repetitions follow. This exercise most effectively works the pectoral muscles, increasing their volume and weight.
- The layout of the dumbbells while lying on a horizontal bench. After one warm-up, four working approaches of 8-12 repetitions follow. This exercise allows, in addition to gaining muscle mass, to give the muscles a beautiful texture and a good athletic shape.
- Exercising triceps with a bench press with a narrow grip lying down. After the first warm-up, four working approaches of 8-12 repetitions are performed. Doing presses, do not forget about the partner! Exercise is effective for working out the triceps and the inside of the pectoral muscles.
- Bench press on an inclined bench in four sets of 8-12 repetitions, but only after mandatory heating of the muscles of the shoulder joint to reduce the risk of shoulder injury. This exercise works out the muscles of the upper chest.
- Push-ups on the bars in four sets with the maximum possible number of repetitions in each set. This exercise is an excellent training not only for triceps, but also for the entire shoulder girdle.
What was done: the exercises allowed us, first of all, to pump the pectoral muscles through a heavy load - with the bench press, and thus we launched the mechanism of their growth, and also worked on their shape. All triceps bundles have been fully developed to stimulate its effective growth. After such a training, you need a hitch and the best option here is the pool - swim for your health for 10-20 minutes.
Wednesday: working out the back and biceps
This training is aimed at the muscles of the back, which should become wider and more powerful as a result, as well as at pumping up our beloved biceps. Do not forget about the mandatory warm-up workout before the training and five approaches to the press.
- Wide grip pull-up - we perform five approaches to the maximum number of times. If it does not work out with pull-ups, then you can use the pull-up simulator, or a block simulator with a pull of the handle to the chest. But my advice is this: since there is no better basic exercise for back muscles than pull-ups, try not to use fitness equipment, but pull yourself in the classical way - on the crossbar and believe that it works much more efficiently.
- We raise the barbell to the biceps muscle while standing, doing four sets of 8-12 times after two warm-ups. This is the most effective exercise for biceps.
- After two warm-ups, the implementation of three sets of deadlift in 8-12 times. Deadlift is a basic and highly effective exercise for both the back muscles and the entire body - in the process of its implementation, a large number of anabolic hormones are produced that stimulate muscle growth. A prerequisite is a thorough warm-up of the back before the deadlift, especially of the lumbar region in order to avoid injury during the exercise.
- Alternately, we lift the dumbbells in four sets, sitting, 8-12 repetitions. This exercise perfectly forms the biceps, emphasizing its shape and increasing its height.
- We do alternate dumbbell pulls to the belt with tilts in emphasis on the bench. After one warm-up, complete four sets of 8-12 repetitions. Exercise effectively draws back muscles, giving them a beautiful shape.
What has been done: Thanks to the pull-ups and deadlift, the muscle growth mechanism was launched, all the back muscles were worked out to the maximum, which will make it grow now. Biceps are pumped due to the most effective exercises. Now it's time to do a hitch and a stretch.
Friday: working out the shoulders and legs
The emphasis of the exercise of this training - squat with a barbell on the shoulders, is done on the entire surface of the leg muscles. Also pump over the shoulder girdle.
- Sitting, we raise the dumbbells overhead in four working sets of 8-12 repetitions after performing two warm-ups. Before training, it is necessary to carefully stretch the shoulder joints, given that the shoulder is the most vulnerable part of the bodybuilder's body in terms of injury.
- After three warm-up approaches, we perform four working approaches of 8-12 repetitions of squats with a barbell on the shoulders. Squat is an exercise from a heavy arsenal and there is nothing heavier than it. And here, like nowhere else, an athlete should be as concentrated and have the perfect technique. Before performing this exercise, a particularly thorough kneading of the knee joints, ankle and lumbar spine is necessary. Having completed all four approaches and giving all the best possible, the athlete feels a real boost. After doing just one squat at the foot training, as a rule, I no longer have the strength to do anything else.
- Sitting we raise the bar behind our head in four working sets of 8-12 reps after three warm-ups. When performing this exercise, the risk of injury to the shoulder joint is also high. It is necessary to carry out the lifting of the barbell behind the head, having concentrated as much as possible, without jerking and always in the presence of the trainer or who can put the barbell on the rack after the exercise.
What has been done
In the training, the leg muscles were worked out and a good impetus was given to their growth. The brachial muscles also worked. Now go to the hitch and stretching.
So, here I have given the entire weekly training cycle, working on a set of muscle mass. An athlete can devote to him on the strength of two or three months, and then must necessarily change dramatically. This is done so that the body does not have time to get used to and adapt to uniform loads. In my next articles I will talk about proper nutrition for effective weight gain and provide an overview of acceptable types of sports nutrition for an athlete that contribute to muscle gain.