A popular diet, in which the main role is given to the amount of carbohydrates consumed and their manipulation, is called a low-carb diet. A modified version of this diet has received the definition of a Carbohydrate Alternation Diet and is highly effective.
Repeated cycles of this diet lead to weight loss, reduced by burning fat. In this case, muscle tissue remains unchanged.
The first three days of the cycle are based on a low-carb meal. Protein is recommended in an amount of 3 to 5 grams per kilogram of your weight. The amount of carbohydrates calculated for this period should be only 0.5-1 grams.
The next two days are high-carb. Carbohydrate intake increases and is 5-6 grams per kilogram of your weight. Protein intake these days is reduced to 1-1.5 g.
- From 1 to 4 days, carbohydrate-free nutrition is recommended. (Protein - 3-5g, carbohydrates - 0.5-1g) Calculation per 1 kilogram of body weight. The first two days your body tries to feed on its own, due to its own glycogen - a convenient fuel. By switching to such self-sufficiency, your body quickly uses glycogen stores in your muscles and liver. Then the smart body begins to break down its fat reserves. By the end of the second day there is a maximum acceleration. Further, the body includes protective functions, perceiving a lack of carbohydrates as a life-threatening situation. Metabolism and the course of the process of dumping fat mass slows down. Because your body is trying to store fat reserves in reserve and is taken for muscle cells. This explains the rapid weight loss at the beginning of the "hungry" diet and the freezing of the dump for the next 2-3 days. Stimulate the metabolism, moving on to the 5th day of the diet.
- On day 5, increase the carbohydrate content and reduce the amount of protein (Carbohydrates bring up to 5-6 grams. Proteins - only 1-2 grams) Regarding the weight of your body. The mechanism of change is simple. We boost metabolism with additional carbohydrates, which replenish glycogen stores. The body spends fat reserves during this period.
Changing the scheme is permissible in any sequence convenient for you. For example, on weekends you can load with carbohydrates, and from Monday to Friday, almost eliminate them from the diet. The individuality of the scheme implies your choice. You can experiment. In any case, you can make sure that the principle of alternation in combination with a carbohydrate-free diet is a very effective way to reduce weight.
Carbohydrate rotation has many advantages
- There is an activation of metabolism. With a constant change in the ratio of proteins-carbohydrates, and carbohydrates-proteins, the metabolism does not slow down.
- Physical well-being. With this diet, you can do fitness in the gym, choosing 3-4 days for classes. The ideal time for classes is the morning of 4 days.
- The psychological state is excellent. Drowsiness and lethargy are absent. The diet can be varied and on the day of the "high" intake of carbohydrates, you can treat yourself to delicious.