Pumping caviar is a difficult task. They consist of calf and soleus muscles, and both groups are in constant motion. These muscles work when walking, running, climbing on toes. They are constantly involved. We cannot exclude them from work in everyday life. Therefore, the calf and flatfish are strong and hardy. Often their development is a big problem. Training in the simulator is more promising than with a free barbell when it comes to beginners, as well as professional athletes who perform a large amount of training load. Using the machine helps minimize the risk of injury, and really work until muscle failure.
- 1 What muscles work
- 2 Pros of Exercise
- 3 Exercise Technique
- 4 Recommendations
What muscles work
The calf somehow works in squats, deadlifts and lunges, but they need insulating exercises when it comes to lack of volume. The load in the press with socks just has an isolated character. If, for example, with any lifting on the socks, we also turn on the press for stabilization, and the back muscles, if we keep the weight on it, then here we avoid this, working only due to calves.
The load is evenly distributed between:
- Calf muscles;
- Soleus muscles
Thus, both the external and “internal” layers of muscles are worked out in this exercise. The movement itself resembles a simple climb on toes and is anatomically natural. An athlete of any level can not have any problems with him.
The most significant is the exception to the working chain of the spinal column. This gives athletes who have suffered a serious spinal injury a chance to build muscle anyway. There is no load on the lower back, and no effect on the trapezium as when lifting with a barbell. The movement is completely natural and every beginner can perform it.
How does the socks press on muscles:
- The calves are condensed;
- Relief appears;
- Improving power and power-speed characteristics;
- Increased performance in squats, due to improved amplitude and stabilization;
- Movement Prevents Tendon Injuries
It is important to properly fit in the simulator so that the back does not feel absolutely no load. You need to sit on the seat of the simulator, adjusting it so that it is convenient to remove the platform due to access to the socks. The knees should be straight or slightly bent.
The technique itself looks like this:
- Take the starting one, push your socks against the platform at the width of the hips;
- Push the platform away from yourself, going out on toes;
- Remove the safety handles;
- Perform the platform presses the desired number of repetitions;
- Return the harnesses and complete the approach
Usually, for a beginner athlete, only 15-20 repetitions in 3-4 approaches are enough to create growth stimuli for the calf. But there are individual situations. If an athlete has good stamina by nature, he may have problems with this exercise. It may not provide the necessary incentives for growth, and then additional repetitions will have to be included.
Important: this movement is not performed by force. It always works in multi-repetitive mode to failure, or to a state close to failure. Caviar cannot be pumped in power mode due to the peculiarity of their anatomical role.
Following these guidelines will help make exercise more effective. They will allow you to save the technique and work exclusively with target muscles, and not with everyone else.
To improve the quality of training, you must:
- Monitor the position of the knees, keep them stable, do not push the patella back during the exercise and do not bend the knees;
- To consciously contract muscles in the phase of peak tension, as if to “compress” the muscles;
- Try to perform the first approaches of the exercise with a larger amplitude, and then, as the muscles become tired, go to the reduced one;
- Stretch your muscles after finishing the exercise to provide faster and better recovery;
- Alternate different types of staging on the platform. You can work with socks slightly apart to the sides, or with parallel stops;
- Try not to “break” the ankle joint and not move so that it works in a non-natural plane;
- Never perform platform press with socks in unsuitable shoes. Needless to say, slates or socks are not like, but squats are also not the best option. Sneakers or sneakers are ideal, the sole of which is bent;
- Do not place the toes of the feet too close to the edge of the platform. So it really can be easier to work, despite the shifted center of gravity. But socks can slip, which is quite traumatic.
The platform press is good in that you can use fairly high weight weights, and work almost to failure. This is an effective exercise that is suitable for both a novice and an experienced athlete.