- 1 Anthropometric data
- 2 Biography
- 3 Best Achievements
- 4 Dexter Jackson training split, with biceps training
- 4.1 Biceps Workouts
- 4.2 Hand Training by Dexter Jackson
- height - 168 cm;
- competitive weight - 102 kg, off-season weight - 108 kg;
- biceps girth - 55 cm;
- girth of the chest;
- waist size - 70 cm.
This athlete was born on November 25, 1969 in Jacksonville, Florida. From an early age, a famous athlete in the future, began to be interested in various sports. Having become a high school student, Dexter preferred athletics and started running, as he had every chance of having good results. Jackson could run a distance of 40 meters in just 4.2 seconds! The result is impressive and promises a lot. If he chose to run, then he had a great prospect of becoming a famous athlete, but for some reason Dexter preferred bodybuilding.
He had the opportunity and desire to enter a higher educational institution, but did not sue, as he had to solve personal problems. It so happened that he and his girlfriend were on the street with their young child. Against their relationship were the parents of his girlfriend. This period of Dexter was marked by a black stripe, although the situation soon stabilized a little, as the young family acquired an apartment, and the young father found a job for himself, working as a cook in a local restaurant.
Severe family circumstances did not force the athlete to give up, and he continued to engage in bodybuilding without stopping training. In this difficult time, he did not have enough money for food, and even more so for special nutrition supplements, which practically ensure the growth of athlete’s muscles. Despite this, the athlete gained weight, showing each time all the best and best results. The athlete had long dreamed of showing himself in any tournament and, on the advice of friends, he did not miss this opportunity. In just three weeks, he prepared for the competition and won, showing good results, although the victory was not easy. He was just lucky with genetics and perfect body proportions. This factor will be decisive in determining the future of an athlete.
In the future, the bodybuilder continued to participate in various tournaments and in 1994 he took first place in the championship of the southern states, representing the average weight. A year later, he also takes first place, but already at the US Championships, presenting already heavy weight. The victory in 1998 at the North American Championship gave great hope to the athlete, and he thought about how to compete with professionals. At the same time, he decided to provide himself with fame in order to compete against many famous bodybuilders on equal terms. Oddly enough, but he knew how to achieve this.
The athlete also understands that popularity can be achieved through media, which he did, filming numerous videos of “The Battle for Olympia”. After that, he was able to release his DVD, titled The Titans, which focused on his training, routine, and life.
Despite this, many rivals did not take seriously the ambitions of this athlete, believing that he could not achieve more in bodybuilding. Most likely, the factor that Dexter Jackson did not have the highest growth will play. In fact, the athlete was purposeful, and such words addressed to him were in vain. Thanks to his aesthetics and general characteristics, as well as the correct proportions of his body, he easily defeated many bodybuilders who are huge in size. In order not to be unfounded, just one example is enough - Jackson’s victory at the prestigious tournament “Mr. Olympia 2008”. But this is not the whole list of his victories.
This athlete is one of the most outstanding bodybuilders of the whole world. Dexter never dropped below 9th place in tournaments and, in most competitions, held at least 5th place. Dexter is now 45 years old and at the last tournament in 2014 he was able to take 5th place. This fact indicates that this bodybuilder left a big mark in this sport and is not going to give up just like that. In 1995, he won the US Championship, and in 1996, he became the sixth in the Nashionals tournament. From this period, he began performing in the professional arena, speaking at PRO tournaments. From 1999 to 2002, he never took the first place, but held tight to the top 5. The first victory came in 2002, when he took 1st place at the Grand Prix of England, leaving behind such famous bodybuilders, like Chris Cormier, Dennis James and others. The period from 2003 to 2008 for this athlete is considered the most successful. Participating in 18 tournaments, he won at 12. The victory of 2008 at the Mr. Olympia competitions was especially significant. Then he was able to defeat such famous world-class athletes as Jay Cutler, Phil Heath, Dennis Wulf, Tony Freeman, etc. He also repeatedly won the Arnold Classic tournament - these are 2005, 2006, 2008 and 2013.
Dexter Jackson training split with biceps training
The training process differs in some features, which allowed the athlete to achieve high results. For example:
- 1 day: quadriceps;
- 2 day: pectoral muscles, calf;
- 3 day: back;
- 4th day: deltoid muscles, hip biceps;
- Day 5: arms (biceps, triceps) and calf muscles;
- 6 day: rest.
It is worth noting that every Dexter strength training ends with cardio. He does it either on a bicycle or on a treadmill for about 30-35 minutes. For frequent cardio workouts, they are performed 2 times a day. Once a week, he always trains all muscle groups. The only exception is the calf muscles, which grow twice a week, as they recover much faster than other muscles.
- Lifting the bar for biceps on Scott's bench: 4 sets of 10-12 reps. Notes: it is better to take the weight with which you can’t cheat, but you will perform as concentrated as possible. with too much weight, a “jerk” from the bottom will occur, which can lead to sprains of the biceps, and this will lead to severe pain.
- Hammer: 4 sets of 10-12 reps. Notes: in this movement, you can take more dumbbells, but you should not neglect the ideal technique.
- Lifting dumbbells for biceps while sitting: 4 sets of 10-12 reps. Notes: the movement must take place exclusively technically, the weight does not matter, the main thing is to feel the working muscle, and also rotate the brush outward (supination) for peak contraction.
- Concentrated dumbbell lifts for biceps: 4 sets of 10-12 reps. Notes: you need to pick up such a goal for tilting your body so that the load on your biceps is maximum, tilting too much is also not necessary. This movement can be performed both standing on a slope, and sitting on a slope. There is also a variation on how to perform this exercise on the block.
Dexter Jackson Hand Workouts
The stages of training are as follows:
- Arm curl in the simulator: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Bending the arms with a barbell in the emphasis on the bench belly: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Extending arms from the upper block to the triceps: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- French bench press lying: 4 sets of 10-12 reps. Note: immediately after failure, Dexter performs a narrow grip bench press to “refine” the triceps
- Extension of arms from the upper block with a rope handle: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Push-ups on the uneven bars (analogue - simulator): 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Lifting the bar for a biceps toy: 4 sets of 10-12 reps. Note: Jackson does a little non-standard lifting, the bar goes along the body, not in an arc.