Additionally, while working on the abdominal muscles, you can bend the upper body down, holding the handle of the upper block behind the head. Exercise allows you to vary the weight as you like, and even untrained and weak people will not be difficult to perform it.
- 1 working muscles
- 2 Options
- 3 Technique
- 4 Priority
- 5 Video “Bending the torso on the upper block”
Rectus abdominis muscle
Auxiliary: lumbar muscles, extensors of the back.
Firstly, this is how you can train the abs sitting on the simulator seat with your back to it, and secondly, kneeling in front of it with a rounded back. For the athlete’s characteristic position during training, the second option received an interesting name - “prayer”.
- First adjust the weight with which you want to perform the exercise, then accept the position from which you will perform the flexion of the body. In the first case, sit on the bench with your back to the simulator, the handle of the simulator is fixed at the same time near the back of the head, hands are brought together.
- The second option is to kneel facing the simulator, holding its tensioned cable by the handle with both hands, holding them above your head. This design is more physiological and correct. Whatever position you adopt, the meaning of the exercise remains the same.
- Try to touch your knees with your forehead, but just outline this movement, do not go too deep. In any case, follow the feeling of a complete contraction of the abdominal muscles, but if their contraction is incomplete, you are doing something wrong.
- Limit your lower back movements to a minimum, let the press work, not the back. Below, additional voluntary muscle contraction is very important, and a pause can be very significant. Significant static load falls on the abdominal muscles at this time, which can be further increased by lengthening the pause and forced muscle contraction.
- After a pause, begin to slowly unbend, but not to the end, but so that there is no over-extension in the spine. The amplitude of movement is very small, the most important thing here is the focus on muscle contraction, and excessive scope is simply harmful. In general, the exercise is very similar to the well-known twisting, but in a different position and with a different load.
It is better to put an exercise at the end of a workout by combining it with raising your legs on a bench or in the hang.
Video “Bending the torso on the upper block”