- The Importance of Magnesium for Health
- Body absorption of magnesium
- Daily intake of magnesium
- Magnesium rich foods
Magnesium is one of the important metals, the sufficient intake of which into the body ensures the health of the nervous and cardiovascular systems, harmonious metabolic processes, and the formation of bone tissue. Bodybuilders gaining muscle mass, often under the influence of adrenaline, lose magnesium from the body quickly enough.
Consider which foods contain a lot of magnesium and how it is absorbed.
- 1 Importance of Magnesium for Health
- 2 The absorption of magnesium by the body
- 3 Daily intake of magnesium
- 4 Magnesium rich foods
The Importance of Magnesium for Health
Magnesium plays an important role in ensuring the proper functioning of the athlete's body:
- Participates in the formation of bone tissue.
- Provides proper muscle contraction, including and hearts. A prolonged lack of magnesium is fraught with the deposition of salts in the muscles, and also negatively affects the vessels.
- Participates in metabolic processes: assimilation of vitamins, transportation of chemicals, protein synthesis, breakdown of carbohydrates and the conversion of glucose into energy.
- Provides the passage of nerve impulses.
- Participates in the removal of toxins from the body.
- Provides restoration of strength, prevents general fatigue, muscle weakness and cramps in them.
The importance of magnesium for the body, video clip:
Body absorption of magnesium
The absorption of magnesium by the human body has its own nuances:
- Vitamin B6 improves the absorption of magnesium by the intestines, ensures its penetration and fixing inside the cells of organs and tissues.
- Magnesium is best absorbed from organic compounds, for example, salts of lactic or aspartic acids (lactate and magnesium citrate). Inorganic salts (common magnesium sulfate) are poorly absorbed.
- The absorption of magnesium worsens the excess in the body of calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, fats. Caffeine and alcohol should not be abused.
- Many tasks involving magnesium in the body are performed in conjunction with vitamins D and C.
Daily intake of magnesium
For men: up to 30 years - 400 mg. after 30 years - 420 mg.
For women: up to 30 years - 310 mg. after 30 years - 320mg.
Bodybuilders in the period of muscle gain are recommended to increase the dosage of magnesium to 500 mg per day.
Magnesium rich foods
The table provides a list of foods with the highest calcium content.
|Products||Magnesium Content (mg / 100g)|