- Beer and Sports
- The effects of drinking beer in bodybuilding
- Non-alcoholic beer in bodybuilding
- Beer addiction
Beer is very popular among the strong half of humanity. Some athletes also like beer, although almost everyone knows that alcohol is not harmless to health and even more so for athletes. And yet most bodybuilders practice drinking a glass of beer, especially on Sundays. How bad it is, or maybe it is good - you should understand this issue.
- 1 Beer and sports
- 2 Effects of drinking beer in bodybuilding
- 3 Non-alcoholic beer in bodybuilding
- 4 Beer Addiction
Beer and Sports
Since beer is an alcoholic beverage, its use negatively affects the results of sports training. For bodybuilders, this is dangerous by reducing the rate of muscle mass gain, reducing strength characteristics, as well as slowing down recovery processes. Based on studies conducted by scientists, we can safely say that:
- taking beer, when you feel a slight alcohol intoxication, is equivalent to missing one workout;
- in the event of obvious intoxication, one should expect a decrease in power data, and the recovery process can last a couple of weeks;
- if beer is consumed on a regular basis, at least every other day, it leads to stagnation and a decrease in muscle tissue growth by 100%.
The effects of drinking beer in bodybuilding
In bodybuilding, as in any other sport, the use of beer leads to the manifestation of negative effects, for example:
- the level of testosterone decreases and this leads to a slowdown in muscle growth, since any alcohol and beer, including, stimulates the secretion of catabolic hormones;
- the level of potency decreases, since the level of testosterone decreases and the level of cartisol rises;
- increased estrogen levels, as beer contains female sex hormones, and this leads to the deposition of excess fat, decreased potency, increased fatigue, slowed muscle growth, decreased strength data, the appearance of gynecomastia and other problems;
- excess fat is also deposited due to the high calorie content of beer;
- disturbed normal sleep and recovery process;
- sperm quality deteriorates.
From the above it should be concluded that beer in bodybuilding has a negative impact on the training process. As for the positive qualities, they simply do not exist.
Non-alcoholic beer in bodybuilding
Naturally, the use of beer, especially non-alcoholic beer, reduces the harmful effects on the body of athletes, but not completely, since high calorie content and high estrogen content remain.
In this regard, it can be argued that non-alcoholic beer negatively affects the body due to the deposition of fatty tissues.
There is another factor that has a significant impact - the quality of both non-alcoholic and alcoholic beer. This is especially true for the domestic producer, since sometimes beer prices are rather doubtful, which indicates their low quality. As for European countries, the situation here is somewhat better and the quality of food products is controlled accordingly. Despite this, even high-quality beer is not recommended for athletes if they want to achieve high results in sports.
Do not neglect the fact that alcohol has a narcotic effect on the human body. Beer addiction is not a myth of fighters for a healthy lifestyle, but a phenomenon proved by scientists. Therefore, one should not forget not only about the negative impact, but also that excessive passion for beer leads to dependence on this drink. Such a relationship is difficult to track, since the retraction is carried out gradually and is almost not noticeable for the athlete. First, he drinks a glass a month, then a glass a week, and finally, the athlete begins to practice almost daily beer consumption.
Knowing the results, we can safely say that the use of beer, including non-alcoholic beer, deprives the athlete of any chance of high sports results. Unfortunately, this problem has a broader concept, since alcohol affects not only the performance in sports, but also on the normal life in the family, and has a negative impact on the financial situation. Therefore, not only on weekends, but also on holidays, it is better to give preference to juices or compotes.